The Field Service Technician position is responsible for servicing, repairing and installing all types of our window and door products in the commercial and residential market. The Service Technician’s primary goal is to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of all products, install techniques and construction basics in order to repair products in the field.
• Good mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability to understand and work with power tools.
• Ability to lift, move, and carry products weighing from 70 to 100 lbs. repeatedly during the scheduled shift
• Ability to physically climb and work off of ladders and/or scaffolds and carry product up stairs.
• Responsible for making adjustments, replacing parts and pieces, taking measurements, installing screens, balancing windows, replacing glass and/or sashes, cleaning windows and any other necessary adjustments.
• Ability to repair sliding glass doors and garage screens.
• Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities.
• Proficiency with computers to track service tickets, re-order product, and document any/all issues with appointment.
• Ability to complete paperwork associated with service tickets and driving logs.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer communications skills.
• Drives an exceptional customer experience by providing on-site repair and installation and pro-actively interacting and communicating with Customers.
• Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees.
• Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes outside the “normal business hours” and travel as required.
• Ability to work independently without supervision.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must possess a current, valid Florida Driver’s License with at least a class “E” for drivers of non-commercial vehicles.
• Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
• Ability to work in all environments (extreme heat/cold, rain).
• Follow all company rules and policies.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate using the English language.
• Must be able to read and understand instructions and possess basic arithmetic skills.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
The individual selected must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with little supervision. To be considered you need to be a team player, have good attendance, safety and personnel records.
The above description is a summary and does not represent all responsibilities and duties and is subject to change.
Primary Location – Custom Window Systems, Inc. (Headquarters) in Ocala, Florida
1. Completely fill out the application form (electronically is the preferred method)
2. Submit the form by saving it to your desktop and attaching it in an email to email@example.com